Monday, June 29, 2015

SCRAP THE BOYS JUNE CHALLENGE

I managed to Squeeze in one more Challenge this month. I have been wanting to enter this Challenge for quite some time now, and decided to give it a go.

This months Scrap The Boys Challenge has a Lovely Sketch to play with, l was super excited Creating this layout of my Son.
I very rarely get to take any photos of him, as they get older they are harder to take.
And its so nice to be able to Create a Boy page when all l ever seem to be doing lately is Girl Pages.

I just loved it, and it was so inspiring to do.  I got to use these Gorgeous Boy Papers, Kaisercraft Off the Wall.  Make sure you pop on over and check out Scrap The Boys blog.
Here is the link.
http://www.scraptheboys.blogspot.com.au


And now here is the Sketch.






And here is my take on this months Challenge. 







Some Close ups on the details, I used Stamping, Metals, a Flair, Epoxy Dot, Washi Tape, and some Black Cotton. 





I just love the Deep Red Water Droplets Background Stamp l used, with the Kaiser Grid Border Clear Stamp. Also applied some black Gesso Paint, using a lid off one of my paints, to Create the circles. 







I Love adding some Journalling too to my Layouts. 
It tells you the story. 







Lots of different techniques l used on this layout. Inking with my Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads, Splattering Splats I used Tim Holtz Salty Ocean Distress Stain.  I also inked around the edges of the papers with Tim Holtz Black Soot.  I coloured two of the Chipboards with the Salty Ocean Ink Pad, and applied Black Soot around the edges. 




Thanks for Stopping by, 
Happy Creating, 
Tracey. x








3 comments:

  1. That looks so good. Thanks for playing along with Scrap the Boys Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy. Had Fun Creating this too. Thanks for a great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch, fabulous page! I love that it gave you an opportunity to scrap your son too. Thanks for joining us at STB this month.

    ReplyDelete