Saturday, May 2, 2015

This is my take on this months Challenge for Funky Flairs Studio. This Challenge mood board is Purple Haze. As the Challenge Artist for Funky Flairs Studio, l created this Mixed Media Canvas.

I used lots and lots of flowers, muslin, bling, doilies, two Flairs from the Cool Dude and the Funky Hearts Range. l also added different types of texture to create the background.

l coloured my background firstly with Gelatos. l felt like a little girl again, when l was scribbling yes thats correct scribbling all over the canvas. l then added water in a water brush and blended all the colours in together. 
l then added Gesso over the background to lighten the effect, so it wasn't so bright.
I then added torn up script paper with a Gel Medium all over the Canvas. Then l added stamping to the background, and added a stencil.

I used a Prima Bloom Girl Stamp called Jing, that l had in my stash. I stamped her on Watercolour paper, and l coloured her with my New Prima Watercolour Pencils. 

Had so much fun creating this Challenge. Can't wait until next month.
Make sure you check out over at the Funky Flairs Challenge Blog, so you can enter this months Challenge yourself. There is a great prize up for grabs this month. 
funkyflairchallenge.blogspot.com.au


Close up look at all the Gorgeousness Flowers and Flairs. 



Thanks for looking,  See you all again Next Month.

Tracey.



No comments:

Post a Comment